Healing Hearts Professional Counseling
Children often don't have the words to express their feelings about difficulties they face at home or school. Play therapy provides a safe environment and relationship where children ages 3-12 can process hurtful problems, express their feelings, and learn healthy coping skills.
Play therapy is an effective intervention for: behavior problems, low self-esteem, bullying, adjustment to divorce, loss of a loved one, trauma, and disorders including: ADHD, anxiety, depression, and developmental disorders.
To learn more about play therapy, please click the button below.
Although the teen years can be a very exciting time in a person's life, they can also be confusing, stressful, and at times, painful. As a parent, it can be difficult to know how to best support your teen, especially when they are struggling. I can partner with your teen to help him or her:
- Understand how their body/brain is changing and how it affects them
- Express thoughts and feelings in a healthy way
- Balance the demands of home, school, activities, friends, etc.
- Learn and practice positive coping skills to address ADHD, anxiety, depression, trauma, stress, etc.
- Improve relationships with their friends, family, and teachers
- Talk about any past or present hurts (family issues, drama with friends, peer pressure, break ups)
- Avoid “messy” people and stop harmful behaviors
- Prepare for transitions to college work, etc.
To learn more about therapy for teens, please click the button below. This link provides great information for both you and your teen to read before your first appointment.
Life is full of twists, turns, joys, and sorrows. Sometimes hurts or traumas from your past prevent you from living fully in the present. Other times present circumstances or people in your life can be overwhelming, and it becomes difficult to cope.
Counseling can provide a safe environment and a supportive relationship for you to process your thoughts and feelings, heal from your hurts, and build healthy coping skills. Heather has experience working with adults of all ages and stages of life. She specializes in counseling women who may be struggling with past hurts (i.e. abuse, dysfunctional family of origin, divorce, etc.) health issues, stress, anxiety, depression, and loss/grief.
To learn more about therapy for adults please click the button below.
Parenting is a journey filled with both joy and stress, and each age or stage brings with it new challenges. The relationship you have with your child or teen matters, and it’s important that you address any issues you are having. If you are struggling to connect or communicate, you realize your approach to rules and discipline isn’t working, or you seem to be at odds with your child or teen frequently, then I can help. I can partner with you to:
- Understand your child or teen’s development and how this affects their behavior.
- Have open, direct, and caring communication that validates their feelings.
- Establish a positive approach to rules and discipline that works for your family.
- Resolve conflicts without yelling or saying hurtful things.
- Maintain a positive relationship with your child or teen.
Click the button below for a great resource on child development, common childhood issues, and parenting skills.
Families are made up of different people with different personalities, and as a result, each and every family has conflicts and difficulties from time to time. Counseling can help resolve conflict and foster healthier relationships between couples, siblings, parents and child or teen. When you're ready to make an investment in bettering your family, I'm here to help.
To learn more about family therapy, please click the button below.